Fellow Geeklings it’s only Monday and I feel like I’ve already failed my week in geek. I got to work this evening, sat down, took off my hoodie, and remembered… I forgot to set the DVR for The X-Files tonight. NooooooooOOOOOOooooOOooOo. I am not pleased. Looks like the mini binge watching will have to wait until tomorrow when I can get episode two on demand. Sigh.
Outside of my DVR failures there are things to be excited about this week. So why not map out My Week In Geek.
1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone– The great re-reading of Harry Potter has begun! It’s been about four years since I last read the books, so I’m about due. I’m finding that with series like the Dark Tower and Harry Potter a three to four year gap between reading helps to keep the stories fresh and exciting. Reading them again becomes like an event. I found that the trick is to spread the books out. For example, read a Harry Potter book and then a non Harry Potter book, and alternate like that until the series is done. I found this helps with preventing a reading hangover once the series is all consumed. If you’re curious to my excitement levels I can best map them out to you by saying I “borrowed” a Gryffindor tie from my sister to wear at work to celebrate the re-reading. She is so not getting that thing back.
2. Pop Shelf- Last week I finally ordered a shelving unit to display my Pops. After a relatively painless fifteen minute construction the shelving unit is ready and I arranged my Pops to my liking. Man, I really have a lot of these things. I’m not entirely sure about it’s location in my apartment, but for now it’s working. It’s just nice having them all on display where none are fully hidden behind the others. It’s the little things.
3. Utter Nonsense– During Snowpocalypse my sister and her husband face timed me in order to play a game of Utter Nonsense. Basically you draw a few cards that say some pretty obscene things, and then draw a card that tells you what accent to read them in. Accents range from British to Drunk to Giving Childbirth to Orgasm. Hilarity ensues.
4. Rick and Morty– Also during Snowpocalypse I binged season one of Rick and Morty and became slightly obsessed (no I didn’t change my phone wallpaper to something Rick and Morty related. Why do you ask?). Now, the problem of waiting for season two to be released. If you guys have learned anything about me by reading any of these posts, it’s that I have problems waiting. There’s a good chance that I’ll be ordering season two on itunes this week.
5. Pearl Jam tickets- Last week Pearl Jam announced their 2016 tour dates, and this Friday they go on sale. For me Pearl Jam is the end all be all, and the band is going out to celebrate they’re 25th anniversary. Looks like I’ll be seeing them in the Garden, possibly Philly, and if the rock gods are good… maybe Wrigley Field in Chicago. Kind of a bucket list item for me. There are few things better in this world than live Pearl Jam music. Bring on the tour!