Monday, Monday, Monday! Welcome to a new week fellow Geeklings, and with it brings a new Week In Geek! Yaaaaaaaaaay!!! If you’re able to contain your excitement we can get started.
1. Daredevil season 2- It’s finally here. Well not here here but almost. Friday. Friday can’t come soon enough. I don’t know about you guys but the return of Daredevil has me all types of pumped. The inclusion of the Punisher (I can’t wait to see Jon Bernthal portray this character. I still miss him on the Walking Dead) is enough to get the blood pumping but did you guys see that Elektra trailer?! God damn! With the introduction of the Hand into the show, although they were alluded to last season, I expect fantastic, violent, ninja like things to come from this season. Also look for a deeper exploration into Karen’s past and the relationship between Foggy and Matt. The first season of Daredevil raised the bar pretty high, and then that bar got blown through the rough with the first season of Jessica Jones, season two has a lot to live up to but I trust in Marvel and I especially trust their ability to provide great binge watching material through Netflix.
2. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire– I should be finishing Written In Fire tonight in between down time of Monday Night Raw and pauses of group texts discussing how we could present a better wrestling product then what’s in front of our eyeholes. Which means the Goblet of Fire is out of the batters circle and transitioning to my hand. I think this could be my favorite of all the Harry Potter books. It’s that first real step into darkness, the tournament is awesome, everything that happens at the Quidditch World Cup, and the return of you know who. This is where the fear of Voldemort becomes real.
3. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D– Confession, I accidentally left this off of last weeks list cause I thought the show was returning this week. In other news I wasn’t overly impressed with the return episode. I didn’t think it was bad but I also didn’t think it was the best the show has presented this season. But despite that I’m excited to have Agent Coulson back on my TV screen as he seems to be descending into some darker territories.
4. Ms. Marvel– I spent a good portion of my day yesterday catching up on the last four months of Ms. Marvel stories, and it was all types of spectacular. I often allow my comics to back up so I can binge read a bunch of issues, and Ms. Marvel is one my favorite super hero books to read (with Miles Morales being 1a and Kamala being 1b, and the two will be together in Spider-Man #3 eeeeeeeeeee). This comic continues to impress on a monthly basis as it provides a female character who has all those Peter Parker traits, as in trying to balance school, being a super hero/Avenger, family, relationships, and religion, and delivers a book that has substance. Not only that Kamala Kahan is a female comic book character who is allowed to exist and isn’t being sexualized through costumes and appearance. She is completely relateable and a comic that should be read by any one despite their gender.
5. Keanu– Finally. A movie about a man and his cat. Speaking as a single man with a cat I feel that I’ve been waiting for this movie for a long time. Plus it has Key & Peele, who I’ve really grown to love ever since they did that bit describing Game of Thrones (the Dinkles ya’ll…the Dinkles). I dare you to watch this trailer and not find the kitten in the bandana all types of adorable. This crazy cat lady is in.