It’s Monday and some think it’s the worst day of the week, but over here at I Am Geek we know that’s not true, don’t we? Monday means we get to talk about the things we’re most excited about in the upcoming week. And fellow Geeklings this is a big big big week. Excitement levels are high so let’s get cracking, shall we?
1. Supergirl/Flash crossover– If we’re going to talk about the week we might as well start at the beginning. I stopped watching Supergirl after two or three episodes, wasn’t really speaking to me. Plus my TV plate is rather full so I figured it would be best served as something to binge on Netflix. When the time comes of course. But with Barry Allen showing up this week for a crossover episode you’ve got to know there’s no way I’m gonna miss that. The Flash seems to be the corner stone of the DC TV universe, and tonight should be a fun episode to behold. At the very least I’m sure we’ll get a whole bunch of info on the multiverse. If you’ve been keeping up with the Flash, Arrow, or Supergirl then tonight will be right up your alley.
2. Walking Dead finale– Here is the God’s honest truth Geeklings…the last time I was this anxious for an episode of TV was the Red Wedding. Finally Negan will be arriving and based off the trailer it’s looking to be all types of loyal to the comics. Which on one hand is pretty awesome but on the other hand is pretty awful. I had this same feeling knowing the Red Wedding was coming. That anxiousness that you’re going to watch this iconic moment but at such a heavy cost. I’m trying not to over hype the episode but this season of the Walking Dead has probably been it’s best. I have faith that they will deliver one hell of a finale. Plus Lucille looks scarier then I could have imagined… my hands are already sweating.
3. Wrestlemania- One of the things that will suck about Sunday is my viewing of the Walking Dead will have to wait because it’s Wrestlemania, brother! The build for this years super event has been pretty weak with a number of stories that make no sense and matches slapped together, oh and a main event that’s going to get shitted on. Despite all that I’ll be hang out with my buddies as we watch and talk about how we could’ve written a much better Wrestlemania. And while that may be true it will not keep us from hate watching. This years Wrestlemania is probably the equivalent of Batman vs Superman in the wrestling world. You know it’s probably gonna suck but it’s not going to stop you from watching. It’s a spectacle and needs to be viewed.
4. New Game of Thrones trailer- I’m just going to put this here because this upcoming season of Game of Thrones keeps looking better and better. For starters it looks like the Night King is going to get an expanded roll (did you see him by the fire?! Love that image) plus there’s giants and dragons and death…. lots and lots of death (I’m guessing. It is Game of Thrones after all). Let’s just do the damn thing already
5. Yes Please by Amy Poehler- I should be finishing the Goblet of Fire sometime tomorrow and that means it’s new book time! This year I have read more nonfiction books than any previous years, and since I’m still riding that Parks and Rec high this seems like an appropriate choice. On top of that I got it for a $1.99 on sale through Amazon and I’m a sucker for book sales. As a a matter of fact I check my wish list daily to see if any of the books there have dropped in price. Really looking forward to this one.