It’s Monday and you all know what that means. Time to break down the things I’m geeking out about the most this week. And it’s a big week too folks. Lots of things going on. So in no order what so ever, let’s do this
1. The Return of The Flash/Arrow and Premiere of Legends of Tomorrow– it seems like it’s been forever since these shows went on winter break, and I have been left with some burning questions. Let’s start with The Flash. Is Barry really going to tell Patty that he’s the Flash?! Homeboy hasn’t even dropped the “L” bomb yet. You would think we could protect our secret identity a little more. In Arrow we need to know is Felicity going to die or is there a swerve in the making. I’m banking on swerve. Although her death would add an interesting darkness to the show, despite how much I’m not willing to let go. And is it possible for Legends of Tomorrow to live up to the hype? Well the track record is good, and I like how it’s being described as a mix between Guardians of the Galaxy and Dr. Who.
2. Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari- I’m more than a quarter of the way through this book and his depiction of what it’s like to be dating now a days has been spot on. Plus the humor factor. I’m still riding the Master of None high (it’s just won a Critics Choice award for best comedy, what whaaaaaaat), and it’s fun seeing some of the stories that kind of inspired the show while helping break down today’s dating scene.
3. Batman #48– Scott Synder has been killing it on Batman since he took the reigns, and is a must read for anyone’s pull list. Last months issue ended with Bruce (who doesn’t remember that he was Batman) running into a man who just so happens to be the Joker (who also doesn’t remember being the Joker… long story). And these two are about to have a conversation together!!! It should be a very interesting read and I wonder what the talk will awaken in one another.
4. The X-Files– I wrote a pretty lengthy piece about The X-Files yesterday but the excitement levels are still high folks. One thing that I forgot to mention… I can’t wait to see Mulder and Scully bust out some flashlights. I know that’s a weird thing to be excited about, but I always loved who their flashlights came across on screen. Plus bring on the alien conspiracies!!
5. The Royal Rumble– one of the best things about being a geek, for me any way, is not being afraid to admit to liking things. I have been a wrestling fan since I was a kid, and I did take some time off, but something about it draws me in. I know, I know, yet I can’t help myself. I actually have a group of friends who have the same problem. It’s almost like a support group. Any way, we’re big into the Royal Rumble and hold an annual get together filled with food, jokes, and prop bets. One of the things I look forward to the most every January.