Confession. I have not been a very good geek this week. I have played a big ole game of neglect the geeky things, and I think it’s totally put me behind for next week. I’m sure you’re asking yourself, “how is possible for you to already be behind on your geeky comings and goings for next week if we’re just on Friday?”. Please allow me to map out the things I need to catch up on.
- Let’s start with my DVR cause that’s a mess. The only thing I’ve been able to watch this week was The Flash (which I very much enjoyed mind you) which leaves a bunch of things left that have yet to reach my eye holes. The X-Files, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow (actually I’m now two episodes behind on this one), and Better Call Saul are all on the viewing deck. But with work and social commitments I’m not entirely sure when I’ll get to them all. I’ll have to watch them in a priority type list. The X-Files finale is Monday so that’s a must, and everyone keeps telling me how good Arrow was this week so that makes it a must as well. But when I think about it, I am super excited about Better Call Saul… you see the problem here?
- Now let’s move on to comic books shall we? This week saw the arrival of four new books and I’ve alone read one of them (the Avengers stand alone Pleasant Hill which I thought was alright but reminded me a lot of Wayward Pines. The book. I didn’t bother with the show.). For the upcoming week it looks like I have five books on my pull list, putting my unread comics at a lot. Look it up that’s an actual mathematical number. I don’t even know where to start with these. Actually that’s a lie. Ms. Marvel and then I think Guardians of the Galaxy. I still need to finish Hawkeye but I don’t want it to end. I only say this because I’m wearing a Hawkeye t-shirt, bro.
- Why does no one understand that I just want to sit down and read my book?! Over the last month I’ve been reading a book a week, but I knew Duma Key would end that streak because of it’s eight hundred pages. But I love it and would like to spend more time with it.
- Hello Parks and Rec. Remember when we finished season four on Monday? Yeah it was glorious. I’ve missed you guys ever since. Maybe after I get through my DVR we can reconnect a bit.
- I haven’t seen a good horror movie in forever. Like for serious I can not recall the last time I saw a good horror movie. By good I mean scary. And by scary I mean afraid to close my eyes, sleep with the lights on, a part of my soul died while watching scary. Is it too much to ask for? The Witch is playing at my local movie theater and I don’t expect it to be there more than a week. Which means I won’t be able to see it. I heard it was scary though. Stephen King said so, and he wouldn’t lie to me. Hasn’t yet any way. Why doesn’t the universe want me to get scared?
So there you have it Geeklings. I’m a bit backed up on all things geek in my life and am going to have to find some ways this weekend to catch up a bit. Sunday might be the best chance I have to put in some work, but we’ll see. I suspect there’s a chance I’ll be nursing a bit of a hang over. Which wouldn’t be the worst thing for binge watching TV programs… hmmmmmm