Next week is one of the most glorious times of the year. Vacation. My first of the year and I think my first in like six months. I know woe is me. But I am seriously in need of some R&R, Geeklings. And due to the fact that I’m a super genius, I planned this vacation close to the 4th of July so I more or less stole an extra day off. Let me be the model for your vacation plans Geeklings. “I can show you a world…”
Now that I’ve got a week and a day off (it would have been easier to say eight days) I need to figure out what to do with my time. Well allow me to show you my tentative outline for next weeks week of awesome.
- Right off the bat I’m going to get me some nice beers (or if I’m feeling classy, wine) and park my ass in front of my tv for the Game of Thrones finale on Sunday. I have no idea what to expect but I’m going to sit there and really enjoy myself without having to worry about waking up early the next day for work. I can just soak it in, and even watch it twice if I feel the need.Plus I can stay up late and watch Preacher and John Oliver too. It’s the little things.
- I have these awesome coloring books that I haven’t touched yet. That will be a thing.
- Reading, reading, reading. I’m going to read the shit out of some stuff next week. I have a plan book wise. Hear me out. I just started The Ask and the Answer which is the sequel to The Knife of Never Letting Go (could these titles be any longer?). Which means I could be done with it by early next week. I’ll follow that up with the final book in the trilogy which if I get enough outdoors time, could be done by Thursday. Which will allow me to start reading A Feast of Crowes and A Dance of Dragons at the same time. The goal is to have all this done in time for the next Harry Potter book. I feel like I wrote all this on Monday in the Week In Geek. Whoops.
- I’ve got comics to catch up on too. Amazing Spider-Man is top on the list of things I want to read. So, I will. Plus I’ve been looking to get into a new series, and with the Marvel Collectors Corp giving me a Squirrel Girl pop (it’s pretty rad) I think that’s what I’m going to choose. What’s three issues to test it out? It’s not like I’m reading enough comics already.
- The hunt for this pop vinyl will be real and it will be successful. If I can’t find it than I’ll just turn to Amazon.
- Oooooooooh if I get a rain day maybe I’ll trek out to Barnes and Noble. Love me some book stores. Plus Barnes and Nobel sells pop vinyls… see how these plans are coming together.
- I can always clean up my DVR some. Get ride of a bunch of the Modern Family episodes I have on there or maybe Legends of Tomorrow. I like to binge stuff during my vacations so that could be some options (fine, I like to binge things when I’m not on vacation either). Plus I’m still trying to get into The 100 (not for a lack of interest). I probably wouldn’t mind re-watching some The Flash or Game of Thrones either. It’s good to have options.
- I’ll do plenty of writing here and at Fan Fest… maybe I can work on that story I have sitting on my shelves.
- Poolside, beach, sun. Repeat.
Like I said this is a loose outline of how I want things to go. I’m flexible to other ideas and willing to roll with whatever presents itself. For the most part I just want to relax my face off. I could totally use the recharging. If anyone’s interested in getting some vitiation D with me, hit me up. Maybe I’ll read you some of my book out loud. Don’t worry, of course I do the character voices.