What happens when you can’t think of one thing to write about but a bunch of tiny, little, geeky thoughts are running through your head? I’ll tell you what we do. We do Geek Bits. A little bit of everything. And bullet points!!!
- Let’s talk proud big brother moment first. I recently ordered my sister a shirt on Shirt Punch to say, “hey your geekiness is coming along quite nicely”, and it seems to have paid off. Jen, without any prompting by me, signed on to Shirt Punch today saw that it was Harry Potter themed and ordered herself a t-shirt, and then told me to guess which one it was. Not only that but the shirt she ordered came with a Harry Potter mug and her very first ever Pop Vinyl!!! I’m so proud right now.
- I finished the second season of Rick and Morty and…wow. I was not really anticipating the amount of heaviness mixed in with that brilliant humor. Seriously this show is super smart in it’s jokes and stories, but god damn did some of those episodes hit hard. Rick faces some serious mortality issues and self discovering, and that finale just hit right in the gut. So did the episode with Unity. That ending?! Ugh
- Jimmy Kimmel has been having a Marvel week on his show with tons of guests from your favorite Marvel movies, and last night he premiered this clip from Captain America: Civil War which contains the introduction of Ant-Man to the group. I’m all about watching trailers but tend not to watch clips as I don’t want to spoil actual scenes in the movie (I’m aware that that makes very little sense), but I couldn’t help it with this one. I’m pretty sure Paul Rudd reacts exactly how I would in that situation. From early reviews I hear he comes in second in the steal the show contest (Spider-Man is first for those curious).
- And speaking of Jimmy Kimmel’s Marvel week tonight he’ll be debuting the first teaser trailer for Dr. Strange. I’m anxiously awaiting this one folks as this will be a whole different type of Marvel movie. I expect it to be all types of rad.
- Speaking of rad it seems that the depiction of the Joker in the Suicide Squad (yes I’m still watching that trailer) is going to be very similar to Scott Snyder’s End Game version of the character. Granted Snyder didn’t use tattoos or gold chains but this image looks spot on. Being such a huge fan of Snyder’s Batman run I’m excited to see some of his work get immortalized like this.
- Last night I merged my Amazon and Comixology accounts together. Not going to lie I was a bit hesitant in doing so. Everything I read about it made it seem safe but I have this constant fear that I’ll be the one to do it and lose everything. I’m happy to report that I did not lose anything and in fact I think I’m the big winner here. I will never complain about Comixology because I love it so, but some of their graphic novel prices (when not on sale) can run a bit high. Well I’ve found that Amazon runs much cheaper and was able to save seven bucks on my purchasing of Hawkeye vs Deadpool and looking to save tenish when I purchase the first volume of Jessica Jones this weekend. And the best part is they download right into the Comixology app so I don’t have to use Amazon’s crappy comic book reader. It’s the little things folks.
- Finally… I know a number of you are suffering from the lack of Walking Dead on Sunday. While I can’t solve that problem for you (cause the show isn’t back until October) I can leave you with a video that has the best zombie prank I’ve ever seen. A sister gets her wisdom teeth pulled and her brothers think this is the best time to make her believe the zombie apocalypse has occured, and hilarity ensues. “Bring the cat you idiot” and enjoy