Geeklings, I am taking my annual New York Comic Con vacation and I’ve comprised a list of things that I would like to get done before I return to work next Tuesday. I thought I would share that list with you today because I didn’t feel like tackling the heavy subject matter of what will now be tomorrow’s column. Plus it’s fun to write about the things you want to do! For example
- Catch up on reading comics- I’ve got like twenty books to read, and more coming with New Comic Book Day tomorrow, to catch up on my pull list. Some of them are books I haven’t had time to read just yet while others I’ve moved on from but still would like to purge from my “To Read” pile. Who knows, maybe I’ll pick a few of them back up. That sound? It was my wallet screaming.
- Go to my local comic book shop- Did this today, hiiiiii Android’s Amazing Comics, so I can stock up on books I want to be signed at NYCC. Going Deadly Class and Tom King/Mitch Gerdas heavy. Then I think I’m going to frame them and mount them on the wall like the victories they are.
- Make a healthy amount of progress on Spider-Man PS4- Already doing quite well with this one. In the last couple of days, I’ve completed fifteen percent of the game. Maybe seventeen and I plan on playing more tonight. PS this might be one of my all-time favorite Spider-Man stories so far.
- Graphic Novel binge reading- I’m currently in the middle of reading Tom King’s Sheriff of Babylon and I’d love to have that finished so I can start Mark Waid’s Black Widow (something that’s been sitting on my Fancy Comic Book Reader forever) before starting either DC’s New Frontier, Red Son, or something else. I’ve been stocking up with all these Comixology sales.
- Start a new show- Originally I wanted that show to be Maniac on Netflix, and while that still might happen, it looks like that new show will be DC’s Titans. I’ll be covering the show for Fan Fest News and have access to the first three episodes. While I won’t be able to comment until October 9th, when the embargo lifts, I am anxious to check it out. Plus it feels super cool to watch it before everyone else.
- Make Progress in book- I’m currently reading Stephen King’s Dead Zone and loving it. I’d love to be at least 60% through the book before returning to work. Yes, a lot of my goals revolve around reading. No, I don’t think that’s a problem.
- Writing- whether here or on Fan Fest, there are a lot of columns I want to get done. Tomorrow will be writing heavy with it being New Comic Book Day, a planned BoJack Horseman column, and the write up of the first episode of Titans.
- Look into podcasting apps- I told you guys yesterday that I was looking to get back into the podcast game and with the time off, I can research the best way to do it. Looking forward to getting back into things.
That’s really it for pop culture-centric goals. The rest are kind of run of the mill household items. You know, like do laundry, clean this, fix that, blah blah blah. That’s alright because those things have to be done too. All I care about is the fact that I don’t have to be at work until next Tuesday, NYCC is right around the corner, and there is plenty to keep me occupied. What more could you ask for?